Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Crow ? Day 9

Today has definitely been a day for crows. The snow was here when I awoke at 3 A.M.
I couldn't go back to sleep right away so I watched it coming down for a while and worried about my DS getting home from work at 6. He has a 35 mile commute. He is a good driver under these conditions from living in Idaho. But driving in South Carolina is a whole new ball game.

It took him almost an hour and a half to get home but he arrived safely. He had to go back tonight and left at 4  o'clock. There will probably be black ice in the morning.

We have 2 small birdfeeders on the front porch and have had a lot of finches and cardinals, some doves and some small sparrows come to eat. This morning we had a lot of crows visit. The whole porch was covered and they were fighting over the seed. The small birds and the cardinals didn't get anything. Later this afternoon I filled the feeders again and they got to eat.

Day 9 selection for The Crazy Fifteen Challenge was Ida Mae Crow by The Goode Huswife. I am stitching her as a companion to Ira Ray Crow. I actually got a bit done while watching the weather updates and the crows outside .

Photobucket

Crow,goode huswife
Ida Mae Crow
The Goode Huswife
32 Count Linen
Dmc Floss

I am signing off for now and going to snuggle up with Buffy and Abbey. I amm having a problem with Buffy. She refuses to go out in the snow. She hates it.

6 comments:

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

I love all your starts for the January challenge, Bonnie! So many beauties! Can't wait to follow your progress! Ida Mae and Ira Ray Crow are so lovely... I do so love the birds... Lots of snow here today and more ice to follow...

Wishing you much love and joy, glad tidings and good cheer, a cosy warm hearth and blessings abounding... and many a heartfelt hour of peaceful stitching thyme in the New Year!

Heartfelt blessings always in stitches...

Karen said...

Another great start! Can't believe all of the birds. Hope your son makes it home safely tomorrow morning...it's supposed to be pretty bad.

stay warm and happy stitching...

Patty C. said...

The feeders are so awesome - I love watching birds -

I live in Florida - I can't believe all the snow - It sure is beautiful when its fresh :)

Natasha said...

I cant believe all the snow SC is having my Aunt just emailed me some pictures from her home in Lexington.. WOW

Hope your son makes it home safe. I have not driven in the snow in almost 7 years YIKES....

Ida Mae is looking great. I love her name Ida Mae :)

Carol said...

I'm amazed at how much snow you're having down there, Bonnie! We are due to get some today, too, but we're very used to it in PA...

Love the photo of all the birds waiting their turn for the bird feeder. And Ida Mae is also in my "must be stitched some time in 2011" pile--so cute :)

Lana said...

Great progress!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails