Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Totally Useless a Book and Chocolate Cake

Totally Useless Stitch A Long

It is time to show my Kitty Bowl again. This is a few days short and shows a little progress. I have realized that I am a frugal stitcher. lol. I do not waste much floss and so my orts are small.

The first part of May was kind of slow for me stitching wise. Since I have had my surgery and can see again, I realize I have fallen behind. I have been stitching all day, trying to finish up my ornament for The Prairie Schooler Exchange. I like the way it is turning out and I should be able to complete the stitching tonight and do the finishing tomorrow before I leave for work. It doesn't have far to travel, thank goodness so that buys me a little time.I also have stitched a floss tag for an exchange. This is the first time I will get to use my Crop-o-Dile.(spelling?)

Miss Abbey helping take the picture

I am going to continue reading some of the Classics. We didn't have Jane Austen's Persuasion at The Heritage Bookstore where I work so I went to Books A Million and purchased it.

Persuasion Book & Movie
On the way to check out, I saw the movie so I snatched it up also. I am going to read the book first and then hopefully enjoy the movie.

And Last for all Chocolate Lover's. This is a quick and simple fix.





THE 5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE CAKE FOR ONE PERSON........HOW NEAT

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.
EAT ! (this can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous).
And why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?
Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night!
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Bonnie...your comment on my blog was too funny! I didn't recognize you at AC Moore on Sunday,but we may have been there at the same time!

Oops...I forgot the TUSAL...need to post my pic for this month! I love Jane Austen too, but don't have the patience to read it...just love the movies.

Lastly, that cake looks wonderful...can't wait to try it.

Pauline said...

Hey Bonnie, your tusal's coming along nicely even though you are thrifty with the thread lol. I'm not sure I'm game to try that recipe, cos if its good I can see myself at the microwave way too often!

Devon said...

Hi Bonnie,
I just found your blog,,and we must think alike..because I am reading classics during the summer to and I also started with persuasion I am about 1/3 of the way thru,,I like it so far,,have a great summer..

Devon

Mylene said...

The cake looks yummmmmy!!!

Julie said...

I love your kitty bowl!
Nice cake too ... yummy

Maggitle said...

Shame on you! :)))
Thank you sooo very much for the recipe.
BTW, you do wonderful stitching!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails