Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Prairie Schooler Exchange Has Arrived

The snowman that I stitched for Wendy in Canada has finally arrived in his new home. This was for the February Prairie Schooler Exchange I stitched this freebie on 28 ct. Lambswool from Wichelt Imports and finished it into a pillow ornament. I added a border around it because to me it looked so plain. I am glad that Wendy likes it.

I really had a few problems with this exchange. I originally started to stitch Two by Two that was in the 1998 JSC Ornament Issue. I really liked the design of a pair of deer in a winter scene. I was about half finished and began stitching the second deer that was behind the first one which was stitched with DMC 611. The deer behind was DMC 3781. The colors were very similar and you couldn't tell where one started and the other
ended. I didn't feel like frogging out the whole thing so I tossed it aside, maybe I can figure something out later and finish it cause I really like the design. Lesson learned, take time to do a floss toss before beginning.
Then I stitched the January design from A Prairie Year. When I finished it, I didn't like the way it looked, so voila! The Snowman.


Miss Abbey was in sleepy mood, you can tell by her eyes cause I woke her up. LOL. Well we are off to do our daily hour of stitching before heading off to work. Two more days (or nights) and then I have my day off. I won't get too much done then as I have a few errands to run. I have to go to the Social Security office which is in the Strom Thurmond Building in Columbia. I am definitely not looking forward to this. I am so happy though cause I am officially retired. YEAH! I am going to start working part time as soon as I have my next vacation. Then on to MORE stitching time.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Aww Miss Abbey is so cute.

Love the snowman ornie.

CindyMae said...

I love the snowman ornie! Sorry that you had troubles!! Miss Abbey is just beautiful!!

Mylene said...

Your snowman ornament looks great!

Karen said...

Love your cat and congrats on your retirement.
Just imagine all of the stitching time!

Julianne said...

Hello Bonnie,

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me a comment. I like your blog template. Green is one of my favorite colors.

Your PS exchange is so cute. Sorry to read of your difficulty with the deer design. Working with similar colors can be a real challenge.

Anonymous said...

love the little snowman ornie

Cindy F. said...

Bonnie! Love your blog! and such beautiful stitchings!
We got your request to join our HAED SAL group, but I need you email address to send you and invite. Please email me @
cindy2k2tx@yahoo.com so I can send that to you.
I apologize if Wendy has already written you for it:)

Wendy said...

Hi Bonnie,

I love your blog too! Your snowman looks so cute! Great picture of your cat!

How nice to read you will be able to work parttime. You will have indeed some more time to do some stitching. This is really fun.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Wendy

Yoyo said...

The snowman turned out sooooo cute. I know what you mean about that missing floss toss, hang onto it, you'll find a different color for the deer and then love it. I thought when I retired I'd have tons of time to stitch but somehow it just isn't working that way (LOL).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails