Monday, September 08, 2008

Biscornu Finish

Okay I am finally going to enter my first post.
Today has been a pretty mellow day. With the day off from work and home alone with Buffy and Abbey I finished up a biscornu that I stitched for Elaine for a swap.
It is actually my fist major try at biscornus. I just love them and am definitely going to be stitching many more.
When Elaine receives it I will post pictures.

This is the biscornu that Elaine sent me. It is a bee design from Barbara Ana. I just love it. It is my first biscornu just for me. Thanks so much Elaine.




This is my progress on Miribilia's Enchanted Mermaid.
I started it quite a while ago and it turned into a UFO. I have joined a UFO SAL in one of my groups. It continues through the month of September.
So we will see how much of her is completed. Also some of my co-workers want to see her finished. I will have a lot of support to keep me motivated.




This is a darling Christmas the I received from Georgene in the Garden Ornament Swap. I love the bunny and the little bird. It is going to look great on my tree. Hugs Georgene!



I just got word that my recipient, Wyn from the Garden Ornament Exchange has received the ornament I stitched for her. So I guess it is okay to post it. It is a mini quaker ornament from Miladies Needle.
I stitched it on 32 count linen with DMC floss. The fabric has little gold flecks in it.
The scanner didn't pick up too much sparkle. I attached gold beading all around for accent.


5 comments:

Angela said...

Congrats on your first post! Your work is lovely and I can't wait to see how far you get with the mermiad this month. I'm also working on a BAP for the SAL I don't expect to get anywhere near finished but somewhere close to half way would be nice ;)

Gillie said...

Well done, you did a lovely job. I'm about three posts ahead of you so let's struggle together!
gillie

j39jones said...

Your enchanted Mermaid is looking very nice indeed!! Those are difficult designs to stitch, but so rewarding when completed!! Great work on the biscornus!! I need to try those sometime! I think they would make great gifts!
jean

Tracey said...

Congrats Buffy,
Its a lovely blog hun, and I love your work. They are beautiful. I know I sound like a newbie but waht is a biscornus! Never heard that term before.
Hugs and Bb
Tracey

MANUELA ALBANESE said...

Hi, your blog is very nice, also yuor needleworks. Have a nice day.
Manuela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails