Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Tricks or Treats & Boo

                                                                              
I have been stitching a few Halloween ornaments. Wow! Looking at the picture that is a lot of purple. lol. I dyed a couple small pieces of fabric.
I basically wanted a purple to stitch Tricks or Treat by Val's Stuff. The design is in the new JCS Halloween Issue. I thought it was so cute and colorful. I used all the pretty Crescent Colors and stitched it up while I watched a movie.
I finished stitching it Sunday and had to wait til Tuesday to get the candy corn buttons. I couldn't find the right color ribbon at WalMart so I went to the new JoAnn's today and decide on lime green. I am not sure if I like it or not, it looked wacky (?) so I stuck some purple pins around the edge.


This was the first time I tried the ruched ribbon. It doesn't look very professional but, for the first attempt it will pass. Definitely wouldn't win any gold stars upon close inspection. lol.


I didn't know how to finish Boo as it was so small, it must have been 32 count fabric so I finished it into a small pillow ornament. I found a small candy button (tootsie roll?) to attach the polka dot ribbon hanger.

OMG.....I forgot the hanger on Tricks or Treat. Now I have to figure that one out.

I want to thank everyone for all the comments on my "Queen Bee" pillow. There is still time to enter the drawing. I am going to pick the winner this coming Friday. You can leave a comment on my previous post.
Good luck to everyone.

Hugs,

10 comments:

Jules said...

I think your first attempt looks great! I love the effect that ribbon gives the final finish!!!

Woo Hoo!

Amy said...

Bonnie I love your ribbon - looks great to me! :-)

Berit said...

Looks great to me--that jack jar is a perfect companion for them! :D

Karen said...

I love the Trick or Treats on that purple fabric! After seeing yours I think I will have to stitch this one too. Your finishing looks great. Love the fabric on the mini pillow...too cute! Great job.

Myra said...

I really like the purple, orange, lime combo for Halloween. Your finishes look great!

Natasha said...

PURPLE :) It is lovely I love the rouched ribbon on boo. Even though you forgot the hanger on Boo it still looks great
Take Care and great little finishes

Cindy's Stitching said...

Very pretty pieces. I like the purple in Halloween

Deborah said...

Love both of your finishes! You did a great job with purple fabric.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

How perfect are those? Just love 'em!

Julie said...

Well done on the ruched ribbon, it looks great. A lovely collection.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails