Monday, February 22, 2010

A Snowman Arrives In Australia

The snowman ornament that I stitched for my partner Annette, The Seaside Stitcher has arrived in his new home. Annette likes snowmen so she says she is very happy with him.

I liked the design and at first was going to finish him into a heart, than I kind of freaked out cause I wasn't sure about cutting the heart template and didn't want to mess him up. lol

I found some orange fabric in my stash and I think it matches him perfectly. The corners looked bare so I added some orange buttons. I used white twisted cord and added a white pull bead on the hanger.

Val's Stuff - Snow Pals
28 ct even weave
DMC Floss

I am still busy stitching on my Pear Tree by LHN. It is my work project and I haven't been able to stitch on it much because we have been working shorter hours. I hope to be finished tomorrow so I can start on the 3rd ornament, LHN He's A Flake.

For about a week most all flights were canceled because of the snow in Washington and Philadelphia. Things are getting back to normal now though we did have a few delays.

I have been sitting here for 2 hours getting caught up on my emails and blogs so I guess I better sign off and get some stitching done, maybe find a movie to watch before I get too sleepy.

4 comments:

Karen said...

How cute...I love the brightness of the orange. Nice finish.

Annie Bee said...

I sure do love him. He is so beautifully finished too.

Mylene said...

I've admired it earlier at Annette's blog, a lovely ornament. Great job!

Julie said...

What a cutie and finished so beautifully.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails